Monday, May 22, 2006

MATRIX TANGO with ROBERTO


I am Robert and it is time to accelerate into new possibilities.
It is time to dance, it is time to Matrix Tango. The MATRIX TANGO method is my own creation, developed by me. You will not find it anywhere else. It is a development of the Discovery method of Mauricio Castro. It will lead you to learn everything you need to know to be able to dance with anybody, anywhere, at any time. And at the most efficient way.

MATRIX TANGO is based on three parts:
-Awareness
-Structure
-Musicality

AWARENESS

Basic awareness is based on primal instincts.


For example, survival in our surroundings, balance and unbalance, using our spine as our center axis, and using it to respond to our primal instincts. For example, if whom I am dancing with is moving toward me, either to the left or right of my spine, I allow my upper body to fall backwards, in order to provide space for my partner. If I don't do this, I will either fall down or cause excessive strain on my back. Also, part of awareness is to be sure that I have full articulation of my joints at any given time. At the same time, I am using the full range of movement that my body will allow, and developing my hypersensitivity.


STRUCTURE

Structure is the heart of the Matrix method.


It provides every possibility that is plausible. Tango is based on three forms: front cross, open step, and back cross; two systems: cross foot, and parallel foot; and two directions: parallel, and contrary. Once all possibilities are known, I add seven elements: parada, barrida, sacada, gancho, trapada, volcada and colgada.


MUSICALITY

Musicality is based on timing and rhythm.


First I look at the timing, meaning what happens and when. Then rhythm is what happens and when, to the music. We have three options: with it, against it, and without it. Then we combine these two elements to create themes in the music, with the same three options.

Now why would anyone want to learn with the Matrix Tango method?

The Matrix Tango method uses the highest level of communication: Alphabetizing.

Why should you care? "I am happy learning patterns from my teacher." But this sounds very complicated! You should care because Tango can be danced two ways: choreographed, or improvised. The choreographed version uses the awareness to be more intuned to your primal instincts of movement. The structure will allow more possibilities, and to change anything. The musicality is used to build themes that are your creations. The improvised version uses the awareness to focus on balance and weight change in order to lead every step using primal instincts. The structure is the same as the choreographed version and so are the benefits of musicality. Learning patterns is the easiest way to learn. But, you must beg you teacher for another pattern. Your teacher now becomes your feudal master, which makes you a slave to what he or she wants and not what you want. Also, learning becomes very, very slow. Almost everyone I teach says it sounds complicated to learn steps. When the students do the Matrix method, in two to three weeks they are well past anyone else; they are further in skill, sensitivity, and knowledge, than any dancer anywhere.


I am Robert and now is the time to accelerate into new possibilities: it is time to dance; it is time for Matrix Tango.


Tuesdays 7:00pm at Scarlet K room of the Ohio Union, students $5, others $7

Fridays 9pm at Memorial Room of the Ohio Union, $5/$7

Details: http://tango.osu.edu, tango@osu.edu

No comments: